REQUIREMENTS FOR FELLOWSHIP
1. Accomplished Application Form.
2. Certified true copy of Medical School Diploma or its equivalent (for foreigners).
3. Certified true copy of Certificate of Registration/License issued by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) or its equivalent (for foreigners).
4. Updated/valid copy of Professional Identification Card issued by PRC.
5. Certified true copy of Certificates of Completion of Residency and Post-Residency specialty Training.
6. Certified true copy of Specialty Board Certification or its equivalent (for foreigners).
7. Certification of membership in Good Standing in the Philippine Medical Association (PMA).
8. List of all previous and current area(s) of practice.
9. Letter of recommendation from EACH of the places/hospitals where he/she previously practiced and currently is practicing, attesting to the fact that he/she has remained in active surgical practice for 2 years and without any derogatory record during this period. Each letter of recommendation shall come from any of the following:
Hospital/Medical Director/Chief of Hospital and
Chairman, Department of Surgery or Chief, Specialty Division/Department in the Hospital
10. Letters of recommendation from two (2) PCS Fellows in good standing attesting to good moral character and high ethical and professional standing in community (predominant area/hospital of practice).
11. Letter of endorsement from the PCS Chapter in their area of practice.
12. Letter of endorsement from Respective PCS Component Specialty Society.
13. Three (3) 2 x 2 picture (colored with white background; coat and tie or barong).
14. Application fee of Php2,000 for Filipino Citizens and USD500 for Foreign Nationals.
15. Interview of the applicants as deemed necessary by the committee.
DEADLINE: APRIL 30, 2018
APPLICANTS WITH PENDING LEGAL CASE/S
1. Applicants with pending case/s in judicial or quasi-judicial bodies are eligible to apply and become Fellows
2. Applicants convicted of a crime punishable by reclusion perpetua are not eligible for Fellowship; those convicted of offenses with lesser degrees of penalty shall be considered by the Committee on a case to case basis.
*Please address your letters to JOSE ANTONIO M. SALUD, MD, Chairman, Committee on Membership