Did you know…
that prostate cancer now ranks as the 6th most common cancer in the Philippines, the 4th most common cancer among males?
What are the RISK FACTORS identified with protate cancer?
- Prostate caner cases start to rise over the age of 40
- The presence of prostate cancer in the family
- High rates occur among caucasians.
What are the SIGNS and SYMPTOMS of Cancer of the Prostate?
- decreasing flow of urine
- frequent urination
- pain during urination
- blood in the urine
- In advanced disease: bone pains, inability to urinate and distended bladder.
How is prostate cancer diagnosed?
- The prostate gland can be physically evaluated through DIGITAL RECTAL EXAM done by a professional.
- Serum PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN is a type of blood examination which becomes elevated in most cases of prostate Cancer.
- A biopsy of the prostate may be