The Philippine College of Surgeons through the Committee on HMO and RVS would like to inform you that the College renewed the PCS-PAHMOC Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) last April 2021 covering the period of April 20, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
This is how the new procedures go:
1. The PCS sends out a letter, together with the MOA and an application/confirmation sheet co-signed by
both the PCS and the PAHMOC, to all its qualified members.
2. Doctors who respond positively send back their fully filled up application/ confirmation sheet (through
the PCS Secretariat email add email@example.com).
3. The PCS credentials the doctors and
3.1. Submits a list of successfully credentialed doctors in a given batch to the PAHMOC together with a
3.2. Copy of their individual application/confirmation sheet
4. The PAHMOC does its own “validation” of the doctors in a given Batch-List. For those approved,
the Executive Director:
4.1. Signs the USA
4.2. Indicates an effective date therein
4.3. Notarizes the same, and
4.4. Sends a copy to the PCS
4.5. Issues, if any, on applications held in abeyance or declined for valid reason/s shall be elevated
to the PCS HMO Committee for resolution.
5. Copies of the USA per batch shall be uploaded by the PCS in its website for downloading by concerned
6. Individual doctors approved for MOA initiatives (per Batch) may download a copy of the agreement
which will serve as their ID when dealing with the medical coordinators of PAHMOC members in all affiliated
7. All PAHMOC members shall be given copies of the batch-list, corresponding agreement, and encoded data
of participating doctors which shall be transmitted to their respective medical coordinators nationwide.
Once you are issued an agreement, you need not sign a separate (new) agreement with any or all PAHMOC members unless you want to in which case, the rates could be lower than our current MOA. If you are already an existing accredited doctor of a PAHMOC member with an in-force agreement with them, perhaps open ended, let it be, but remember that the agreement takes precedence over the former, rates and all, for as long as you are a participating doctor under MOA Initiatives.
Attached is a copy of our (a) application/confirmation sheet and; (b) salient features of the 2021 PCS-PAHMOC.
Thank you and kindest regards.
FERNANDO L. LOPEZ, MD
MARIA CONCEPCION C. VESAGAS, MD, FPCS
Board of Regents
1. PCS-PAHMOC Physicians Application and Information sheet
The Philippine College of Surgeons publishes its regular newsletter: Incisions. The newsletter contains all news pertaining to the College and advances to the field of Surgery. Click below to download the digital copy of the newsletter.