The Philippine College of Surgeons, Committee on HMO and RVS would like to inform you that the College renewed the PCS-AHMOPI Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) & Universal Service Agreement (USA) last December 2018 covering the period of January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021.
This is how the new procedures go:
- The PCS sends out a letter with an application/info sheet which is co-signed by both the PCS and the AHMOPI, to all its qualified members, perhaps through your Chapter Presidents for better, faster coordination.
- Doctors who respond positively send back their fully filed-up application/info sheets (either through the Chapter President or directly to the Head Office) which includes their authority for the President of the PCS to sign for and in their behalf their USA.
- The PCS credentials the doctors; and
The AHMOPI does its own “validation” of the doctors in a given Batch-List. For those approved, the Executive Director:
- 3.1. Submits a list of successfully credentialed doctors in a given batch to the AHMOPI together with a
- 3.2. Copy of their individual application/info sheet
Copies of the USA per Batch shall be uploaded by the PCS in its website for downloading by concerned doctors nationwide.
Individual doctors approved for MOA initiatives (per Batch) may download a copy of the USA which will serve as their ID when dealing with the Medical Coordinators of AHMOPI Members in all affiliated hospitals nationwide.
All AHMOPI Members shall be given copies of the Batch-List, corresponding USA, and encoded data of participating doctors – for transmittal to their respective Medical Coordinators nationwide.
Once you are issued a USA, you need not sign a separate (new) Service Agreement
- 4.1. Signs the USA
- 4.2. Indicates an Effective Date therein
- 4.3. Notarizes the same, and
- 4.4. Sends a copy to the PCS
- 4.5. Issues, if any, on applications held in abeyance or declined for valid reason/s shall be elevated to the PCS HMO Committee for resolution.
with any and all AHMOPI members unless you want to, and in which case, the rates could be lower than our current MOA. If you are already an existing accredited doctor of an AHMOPI Member with an in-force Service Agreement with them, perhaps open ended, let it be, but remember that the USA takes precedence over the former, rates and all, for as long as you are a participating doctor under MOA Initiatives.
Attached is a copy of our (a) application/info sheet; (b) salient features of the 2019-2021 PCS-AHMOPI MOA & IRR and (c) a complaint form should they find the need to report a concern in the field.
Thank you and kindest regards.
FERNANDO L. LOPEZ, MD
Committee on HMO and RVS