BENEFITS OF A PCS FELLOW
- Fellow of the only organization of surgeons that is officially recognized by the PMA as part of the Specialty Division.
The largest organization of surgeons in the country
- A strong voice in upholding your rights & privileges as a surgeon.
The PCS has committees that push for legislation favorable to surgeons, attending hearings & drafting our own version of important bills.
It also coordinates with lawmakers to adopt our version of these bills & prevent passage of bills detrimental to patients & our profession.
- Surgical scholarship
The PCS has a scholarship program open to Fellows of all surgical specialties
- Life insurance at minimum cost
The PCS has a Fellowship Assistance Plan (FAP) with an annual contribution of only 500 Php
- Higher HMO rates
The PCS regularly meets with the AHMOPI in behalf of its Fellows
To increase professional fees
To minimize delay in the release of professional fees
- Media exposure
The PCS takes care of media exposure for the advocacies of its Fellows and public information
Regular columns in print media
Regular television appearances
The PCS radio program “Ang Galing Mo Dok” over DZRH
- Full access to PCS website
linked to many healthcare networks and professional organizations
- Update professional knowledge and skills.
The PCS regularly holds workshops for professional enhancement, career opportunities & improving skills
The PCS Annual Clinical Congress is considered by many as the best in the region and one of the best in the world
- Evidence-based clinical practice
The PCS has been formulating and continues to make Evidence-based Clinical Practice Guidelines involving different specialties
- Expert assistance in research
Seminar-workshops on Research Methodology and Critical Appraisal
Free consultations on research design
Assistance in biostatistics
- Free copy of PJSS, official journal of the PCS
- Publish your research work
Pending application to Medline
Distributed to international organizations and medical libraries for free.