Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standards of competence in the science and art of surgical practice specifically in field of specialization.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical surgical practice.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal integrity, honesty, decorum and discipline worthy of the title FPCS and the noble tradition of the physician.
- Continually upgrade knowledge and technical competence in field of specialization.
- Abide by the Oath of Hippocrates.
- Abide by the Code of Ethics of the Philippine Medical Association.
- Abide by the Code of Ethics of the Philippine College of Surgeons.
- Maintain the status of good standing with the Philippine Regulatory Commission.
- Actively participate or assist in the health care delivery system of the country.
- Perform civic duties as citizen of the Philippines.
- Respect and obey the laws of the Philippines.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with colleagues based on mutual trust and respect.
- Willingly assist colleagues in times of difficulty or complex cases when called upon without any reservations.
PHILIPPINE COLLEGE OF SURGEONS
- Preserve and uphold the Articles of Incorporation and By Laws of the College.
- Abide to implement the rules and regulations of the College.
- Support the implementation of the policies and programs of the College.
- Maintain status of good standing with the Philippine Medical Association to include payment of dues as a prerequisite to continuous membership with the College.
- Maintain status of good standing with the Philippine College of Surgeons fulfilling all requirements expected thereof.
- Pay dues, fees and other assessments with the College.
- Attend the Annual Meeting and Midyear Convention of the College at least once every three years. This includes attendance in the Clinical Congress, Annual Business Meetings and Election.