Author(s): Philippine Hip & Knee Society and Philippine Orthopaedic Trauma Society
During these times of uncertainty, the Philippine Hip and Knee Society and the Philippine Orthopaedic Trauma Society present these guidelines on the management of fragility hip fractures to its members and to the fellows of the Philippine Orthopaedic Association.
These are strategies developed by the two societies based on a consensus arrived at after deliberation and review of the latest reports on COVID-19 virus. Needless to say, it us up to the treating surgeon whether our recommendations are to be followed strictly or if they are to be modified depending on several factors such as availability of resources, availability of personnel, and the prevailing directives in the regional and local area where the treating physician practices.
- Definition of Terms
- Establishing the Diagnosis of COVID-19 as it Relates to Treatment of Fragility Hip Fractures
- Procedure to Follow When Performing Surgery on These Patients
- Methods to Reduce Aerosolization of Blood During Surgery
- Optimizing the Operating Room Environment
- Efficient Rotation of Orthopedic Surgical Teams During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Key words: Fragility Hip Fractures During the COVID-19 Pandemic